Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Welcome to our lives

Today is August 20th, 2008 and we just found out that we are pregnant!!!! Leif and I have now been married for 2 1/2 years and we have been waiting for the perfect time to start a family. Together we decided that we wanted a child towards the end of Leif's second year of medical school. We started trying to get pregnant August 1st, and today we found out that we are!!!!

Mommy had missed her period by 2 days and therefore came home with two pregnancy tests. Dad was studying in his den, as I interrupted him by saying it was time to find out. Dad thought it was to early to test, but I knew deep inside that I was already pregnant. We both came into the bathroom where I already had everything laid out on the counter. Dropping two drops of urine has never been more exciting. After the urine was dropped Leif and I waited as the first line slowly appeared. Then faster then expected a second line started to show. Two lines would mean positive, and my heart started to race. "We're pregnant!" I yelled, and I wrapped my arms around my husband.

I then started jumping up and down realizing the impact that 2 pinks line would now have on our lives. Leif was also very excited, he just shows his emotions in a more quite manner. We hugged, kissed, said our congrats, and then Leif headed back to the book. On the other hand I couldn't concentrate as I headed downstairs to make dinner. I don't remember what I made that night, but I remember the joy that was instantaneously brought into my life.

Father and I are both so excited to be pregnant with you. I remind him everyday that we are going to be parents. We know our lives will change and are so excited for the new chapter you will bring into our lives. God has definitely had a hand in your conception. It was not luck that we got pregnent; it was a blessing from heaven.

Welcome to out lives, Little One from God.

No comments: