After sacrament meeting on Sunday January 11th, Leif and I drove out to Adam-Ondi-Ahman. We went there for the purpose of burying our sweet little Kaden. It was sunny and beautiful. The wind was light. It was a perfect day to spend at this sacred and special place. As we entered the grounds, we can just feel the spirit. It's so comforting to know that this land is still honors as sacred land. How thankful I am that our son, Kaden, can rest here. His body will be in the right spot when the millennium comes. 
Leif and I walked around for some time before we buried Kaden. We even walked out into the field and across to The Grand River. Everything was beautiful; the saints picked a wonderful place to settle. After some time, Leif and I then set out for the perfect burial site. We then found this small grove of trees right off the trail and close to the field. We thought it looked perfect. Just the right spot for our perfect son.
The site from the front (Kaden is next to the left tree).
Leif then dug a hole for our sweet little Kaden. I know Kaden would have liked the spot. We then filled the hole with his sweet little ashes and covered him back up. After the tome stone or marker was placed we give Kaden a small funeral service. Leif gave the eulogy. I then read the poem my mother wrote for Kaden, and I read the letter I wrote him. After the readings, Leif said a prayer. He asked that our Kaden would be protected. He asked that Kaden would remain safe. And he ended by telling Kaden we loved him. It was a special moment.
We love you Kaden Leif Kanooth.
No comments:
Post a Comment