Thursday, January 1, 2009

A Letter From Your Mother

January 1, 2009

Dear Kaden;

Leif and I are flying home on the airplane right now. We just spent the last 10 days with my family for Christmas. It was really fun to see all my siblings and play with them in the snow (four feet of snow). They were all excited to see my belly with you in it. Grandma Lorraine wanted to feel you kick so badly. She kept rubbing my belly and singing to you in hopes that you would give her a Grandma kick. All of your Aunts and Uncle Mathew liked to poke my belly button and feel your presence.
Then on Christmas day you surprised your father and gave him a present. The gift you gave him was a red and white onezie with the words “Dad’s Team” written across the chest. You then wrote your Daddy a note saying how excited you were to play ball with him along with wrestling with him. At the end of the note you told your father that you loved him and couldn’t wait to see him.
A couple of days later we found out that you had already left this world. There was no heart-beat on the ultrasound that your Grandfather gave me. The ultrasound told us that you had already gone back to your Father in Heaven two weeks earlier. Grandpa Maughan cried and told me how sorry he was. Grandma cried also. They were both really excited to meet you. Later that day Grandpa explained to Leif and I that miscarriages this late the pregnancy only happen about 1 in 500 pregnancies. He then lovingly told us that with the first heart-beat comes mortal life. You, Kaden, received your mortal body. That is all you needed in this earth life and have now gone to live with your Heavenly Father.
My main and only question was “Why”. Why did God take you from our family? Leif and I were so excited to become parents. But now I realize that God had bigger plans for you. You are a very righteous young man. God needs you in Heaven more then I needed you here. You were willing to leave this earth life early, and I know that must have been a really hard decision. Now I also realize that Daddy and I were willing to give you up. The gospel is true and I look forward to the day I can raise you. Now that you are in Heaven, I know you will be looking over Daddy and me. I know you will become our family’s little Guardian Angel.
Kaden, you will not be forgotten. You do have an earthly family with parents who love you very much. You are the oldest brother in the family and I want you to look after your brothers and sisters always. You are welcome to visit whenever you want. Thanks for making mine and Daddy’s life so happy for the short months you were with us. I will remember the joy you brought into our lives forever. I love you.

Love, your Mother

No comments: